Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The ItsyBitsy Precious Baby Challenge


It's time for a brand new challenge here at ItsyBitsy and this month our theme is 'Precious Baby'. You can create anything you like as long as it incorporates a baby theme somewhere in the project. You can do a card, some baby room decor, baby shower projects, the works! And to inspire you along the way I have put together a Baby Record Explosion Box. It's an explosion box that also functions as a Baby Record space. 


For some of us moms, a baby scrapbook or album requires too much work to create and massive effort at keeping it updated. So I figured, how about make it quick and easy and something that can always find a place on a nursery shelf. I started with a pretty 4" by 4" by 4" box with a pretty bow at the top. I used some pattern paper from the DCWV All About Me Stack. I found myself choosing some soothing blues and yellows and greens making it a gift for a little boy. 


The central feature of the box is the 3D baby cot that I created following this template. I adjusted it here and there to suit my needs but that template really worked marvellously for my project. I made a little paper mattress and pillow inside and created a crib hanger with some buttons on the outside. To add some decoration to the top, I punched out 3 hearts on the head and foot of the crib. 


The rest of the panels of the box are devoted to recording various details of the little ones life. For each of the headers I used one of the dies included the Spellbinders Shapeabilities Adress Book set. It was just perfect for the size of my panel. The rest of the rectangles are cut using the ItsyBitsy Rectangle die set. Here are more views of the different panels. 


For the baby hand and foot print I made a little pocket with a a pull out tag so that the new mama can easily get the baby's hand or foot print. It is no easy feat to achieve this imprint - I know I had to do it multiple times for each of my kids and just about got it.


Finally I provided ample space for photographs - photographs of the little bundle of joy, photos of the family and a family tree section for the immediate family members. I used the ItsyBitsy square die to create these spaces. 




Rules of the challenge:
  1. Your entry can be anything hand made as long as incorporates a baby related theme in the creation.
  2. Entries can be submitted until 10th April 2014.
  3. Entries will be open to audience vote from 11th to 14th April 2014
  4. Following this, the top 3 and finalists will be selected after combining both audience feedback and judges feedback.
  5. In order to submit your entry, click on the inlinkz button provided at the end of this post, add your image and link to your blog post containing the submission. There is a single category for all types of hand made creations.
  6. If you do not have a blog, please create an album on any online photo gallery like Facebook, Picasa etc, ensure the settings are public and link it up as detailed in point 5. 
  7. Each participant can submit a maximum of 3 entries.
  8. Submitting old projects is not permitted. All submissions have to be created after 18th March 2014
  9. In your blog post, create a link back to this page - The ItsyBitsy Precious Baby Challenge.
  10. Entries are welcome from all over the world however if you are one of the top 3, we can only ship your prize to an Indian address.
  11. We will select the top 3 entries all of whom will receive vouchers worth Rs. 500 redeemable online at www.itsybitsy.in.
  12. In addition 6 finalists  will be selected all of whom will receive a badge to display on their blog.
  13. The top 3 will also be invited to send in guest post for the ItsyBitsy Blog in March/ April 2014.
Right that's it from me! Hope this challenge intrigues as much as it did me and looking forward to seeing your entries!

Submissions for the ItsyBitsy Precious Baby Challenge

8 comments:

  1. Wow, Sunehra, this is so lovely. Fun idea of baby crib. Love the soft colors for the project you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely explosion box sunehra! The little crib is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its lovely Sunehra love all lovely details .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Awesome explosion box with many details for a lovely baby,Sunehra.. :)
    Handmade With Paper

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! So much detailing...This is fab, Sunehra.

    ReplyDelete
  6. D cot is super cute :)) my head is filled with all things baby so I'm def gonna enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete